Srinergy is a growing, entrepreneurial solar development company located in Novi, Michigan, providing turnkey solar energy solutions with sales, design and engineering capabilities. We are passionate about developing a customer-centric green organization based on cutting-edge solar technology, and are committed to creating customers and communities of socially responsible individuals. Our experience in the solar PV arena is diverse, with installations in various market segments including residential, commercial, municipalities, agriculture and non-profit organizations.
We are expanding our market reach and want to continue to grow in strategic markets within Michigan and the U.S. as well as other areas including the Caribbean and India.
We are seeking a motivated, experienced Programmer Analyst/Project Engineer to lead the design and development of solar photovoltaic systems in the utility-scale, commercial, industrial and residential sectors. Markets include Michigan and other strategic locations throughout the U.S., as well as the Caribbean and India markets.
- Design of utility-scale, commercial and residential solar systems, including, but not limited to electrical, orientation site layout and electrical and mechanical aspects of the project
- Utilization of AutoCAD to create drawings for proposed systems, including single line and three line electrical diagrams, PV source and output circuit details and combiner box and overcurrent protection devices
- Create Solar PV 3D Models (detailed part and assembly designs) using tools including Pro-E, Catia and Google Sketch Up
- Design Solar PV Systems which can withstand specified and region specific snow and wind loads
- Conduct structural analyses and calculations to insure existing infrastructure can withstand weight of solar PV system
- Perform mechanical, structural, seismic and wind load and snow load analysis to design a solar PV system that meets local jurisdiction requirements using ANSYS
- Support multidisciplinary engineering designs which product the associated details and construction documents including layout plans, specifications and estimates necessary to direct the construction contractors
- Calculate estimated energy production of system, financial payback analysis and other financial models of a Solar PV system using energy models and tools including PV Watts, SAM, IMBY, CREST and OPEN PV
- Develop and conduct field testing, monitor field performance data, simulate and optimize complex systems for PV systems
- Working knowledge of PV system components and sizing methods including their specifications, cost, efficiency, code compliance, performance and reliability
- Coordinate with construction management during solar project installations
- Provide technical support during construction, startup, testing, system commissioning and performance monitoring. Manage, communicate and interact with project teams on scope definition and problem resolution.
- Be able to make technology recommendations based on project site location and geographic conditions
- Calculate estimated energy production of the system, financial payback analysis and other financial models of a Solar PV system using energy models and tools.
- Other duties as required and assigned as it relates to design and construction of PV systems
Desired Skills and Experience include:
- Bachelors in EE, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline. Masters is preferable.
- Understanding and working knowledge of CAD/CAM
- 2 – 4 years of experience in the design and construction of solar PV systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with PV Watts, SAM, IMBY, CREST and OPEN PV
- Proficiency in drafting and designing using AutoCAD application
- Knowledge of NEC and standard design/construction practices
- Ability to read and draw electrical single-line and three-line drawings
- Willing to travel locally and globally as required
To apply for this position, please email or mail your resume to the email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Srinergy is an equal opportunity employer with a drug-free, non-smoking work place. Our employees know about this opportunity.