After much anticipation, construction began in late July at 1-800-Law-Firm. This showcase renewable energy project is very unique in that it incorporates solar, wind and multiple solar applications including roof-mounted solar panels and solar carport structures. This project represents the first renewable energy project of this kind in the State of Michigan to be financed through PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy). PACE is a commercial financing mechanism that allows property owners to finance energy efficiency projects through their property taxes.
Project details include:
- Solar & Wind Combined System Size: 150 KW
- Total Number of Panels: 609 – SolarWorld panels
- Rooftop Solar System Size: 65.52 kW
- Carport Structure System Size: 80.64 kW – 34 total parking spaces
- Wind Turbines: Four (4), 1 kW UGE eddyGT Vertical turbines
- Induction Lighting – Parking lot upgrades and lights under carport
- Two (2) EV Charging Stations under solar carports
- Rooftop Glass Enclosed Sun Room and Open Air Sun Deck
This is a showcase project for Srinergy and an excellent example of renewable energy generation. With the associated energy cost savings it sets the bar for companies in surrounding communities and across Michigan to embrace renewables and go solar.